17 March 2021–Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin announced new economic recovery programme dubbed PEMERKASA (Strategic Programmes to Empower the People and Economy) worth RM20 billion.
1) The government will allocate RM700 million to extend the wage subsidy program 3.0 for three months in a more targeted manner. This is mainly for tourism, wholesale and retail, and other businesses that were closed during the MCO period, such as stadiums and spa sports centers. The plan is expected to help 400,000 workers and 37,000 employers.
1）政府将拨款7亿令吉，以更具针对性的方式将工资补贴计划3.0延长三个月。 这主要是针对旅游业、批发和零售业以及在MCO期间关闭的其他行业，例如体育馆和水疗运动中心。 该计划有望帮助40万工人和3万7000名雇主。
2) SME Corp. will provide RM50 million to help local SMEs obtain financing of up to RM250,000 at interest rates as low as 3%.
2) 中小企业机构(SME Corp.)将提供5000万令吉，以帮助本地SME以低至3％的利率获得高达25万令吉的融资。
3) The government to give extra tax breaks (limited to expenses up to RM50,000 per company for manufacturing and service companies who have registered and approved by MITI ‘s Safe@Work initiative. The registration starts on 1 April 2021.
3) 政府将为已注册并获得MITI’s Safe@Work批准的制造业和服务业公司提供额外的税收减免（每家公司的支出上限为5万令吉）。注册时间从2021年4月1日开始。
4) A total of RM200 million is provided for financing schemes for the development of automation, digitization and use of green technology. MIDF has also agreed to reduce the loan interest rate from 5 to 3% (12 months, starting April 1, 2021)
5) SME Bank will provide a loan fund of RM200 million to finance the purchase of machinery with a grant incentive up to 20% on the value of the machine.
6) An additional fund of RM50 million for the Smart Automation Grant under MIDA is also provided. To support IR4.0, an allocation of RM50 million will be given to the Industry4WRD program under MITI.
7) The Malaysian Cooperative Commission（SKM） will provide financing incentives of up to RM100,000 without collateral to help affected cooperatives. These funding applications will be simplified and the approval process will be expedited by providing repayment flexibility after six months of funding is approved.
8) The government will also raise the Market Development Grant from RM300,000 to RM500,000 for each company participating in the international exhibition platform. A matching grants worth RM50 million will be provided to develop the aerospace and medical device industries.
9) The government has approved a matching grant of RM30 million to encourage investment in the mechanization and automation of the palm oil industry.
10) Employers who offer short-term work or gig services platform providers registered with Perkeso will receive RM200 for each worker hired or placed.
11) Among the measures to be implemented include the eBizLink initiative, a virtual and hybrid digital marketing platform, as well as the Globepreneur initiative which aims to highlight more potential SMEs to the international market.
11) 将要实施的措施包括 “eBizLink “倡议，这是一个虚拟和混合的数码营销平台，以及 “Globepreneur “倡议，其目的是向国际市场推介更多有潜力的中小企业。
12) Employers who conduct COVID-19 tests for their employees are allowed to make additional tax deductions on the cost of COVID-19 tests for expenses incurred up to 31 December 2021.
13) The government has agreed to provide one-off cash assistance of RM600 to homestay operators registered with MOTAC.
14) To help cash flow and reduce the costs of hotel operators, theme parks, convention centers, shopping malls, local airline offices, and travel and tourism agencies, the special 10% electricity bill discount will be extended for another 3 months until June 30, 2021.
15) The government allocates RM30 million to help women entrepreneurs shift their business online.
16) The Companies Commission of Malaysia (SSM) has agreed to increase the indebtedness threshold from RM10,000 to RM50,000.
17) The government says 12-month waiver on listing fees for those requesting to list on Main Market, ACE Market and LEAP Market.
18) RON95 petrol and diesel to have fixed ceiling price of RM2.05 and RM2.15 per litre respectively.